Get the look with Helen George and Sian Duke
After returning from a very lovely holiday recently, I have realised how much I've neglected this blog and how I shall pull my socks up and share some fun stuff with you !
It was an absolute pleasure working with Mischa on this shoot, so much fun to hang out with her and chat and make up. I adored her in the OC and even more so in real life ! A very very cool lady indeed. Just a lovely day with a great team, Photography by Chris Harris, styling by Natasha Lyons and wonderful location, The Grove . Its fantastic to see it on the cover of Professional Hairdresser Magazine.
Get the Look
I wanted to create an elegant understated soft look. Fresh dewy skin, a sprinkling of freckles and diffused blush and lip colour. Here are the go to products I used ;
- Embryolisse moisturiser
- Dr Lipp - condition lips
- Base using MAC cosmetics Face & Body
- MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Powder to set
- To brighten and conceal with Amber Eclat - Tom Ford Beauty
- Highlight using NARS cosmetics - Copacobana Highlighter
- Cheeks using Something Special cream Blush - MAC cosmetics, contour with MAC PRO sculpting powders.
- Eyes - Coffee Eye Pencil, Saddle Eyeshadow, Swiss Chocolate, Embark, Root Cream colour base. All MAC Cosmetics & Mekong eyeshadow by NARS Cosmetics to line the eyes.
- Eyebrows with Lingering eyebrow pencil MAC Cosmetics
- Lipstick - Pure Zen Lipstick MAC Cosmetics
- and a few Added freckles using a combination of eyebrow pencils, Fling & Lingering. MAC cosmetics.
Behind The Scenes
I hope you enjoyed the article and video,
Love & Lipstick,
Recently I had the pleasure with working with the beautiful and ever so lovely Helen George again. Her wonderful stylist Kelvin Barron introduced us, check out his fantastic work at
To create the look we took inspiration from the beautiful dress by Marchesa.
I created a modern elegant beautiful look with a nod to the sixties.
Focusing on Helens natural beauty and beautiful almond eyes. To get the look we used MAC cosmetics Face & Body foundation to warm the skin in a golden tone, then for longevity for the evening we used MACs pro long wear concealer to highlight and conceal. The skin was lightly powdered around the t zone and highlighted with NARS copacobana illuminator on the tops of the cheek bones. We used fluttery striking lashes from MAC cosmetics no 8s. For Eyes I applied a deep crease with matte shadows copperplate, wedge and brun (mac cosmetics) Eyeliner was clean and sleek and slightly extended.
For cheeks we wanted the blush to come from within so we used pink and bronze tones ( Dainty and tendering (mac cosmetics) for a diffused blusher look. To complete the look we used a classic sixties lip, Kinda Sexy Lipstick (one of my favourites from MAC and a pastel pink liner over the top from Laura Mercier.
An absolute pleasure working with Helen as usual and look out for her in Call the Midwife on your tellybox !
Love & Lipstick