Get the look with Helen George and Sian Duke
Always a pleasure doing hair and make up for the beautiful actress Helen George from Call the Midwife. This time for this years Glamour Awards.
We decided to go for an effortlessly elegant but tousled look with hair. A loose undone braided up do was the choice for the evening. A spritz of surf spray and setting spray to hold. Thanks to Bumble and Bumble.
Skincare used, Bioderma to cleanse and Embryolisse to moisturise.
The make up we used included a fantastic foundation I've been playing with recently, Make Up Forever HD foundation, MAC cosmetics prolonger concealer, and MAC BB Cream palette in Amber, Tom ford contour and highlight palette, MAC dainty blusher, Loreal Lipgloss with Plum lipliner from MAC Cosmetics. All eyeshadows used from MAC cosmetics with added reflects glitter in teal. Brows using Lingering brow pencil from MAC cosmetics and brow gel from NARS cosmetics.
Lovely to see such the stunning Helen on the best dressed lists and what a dress it was styled by Kelvin Barron.
After returning from a very lovely holiday recently, I have realised how much I've neglected this blog and how I shall pull my socks up and share some fun stuff with you !
It was an absolute pleasure working with Mischa on this shoot, so much fun to hang out with her and chat and make up. I adored her in the OC and even more so in real life ! A very very cool lady indeed. Just a lovely day with a great team, Photography by Chris Harris, styling by Natasha Lyons and wonderful location, The Grove . Its fantastic to see it on the cover of Professional Hairdresser Magazine.
Get the Look
I wanted to create an elegant understated soft look. Fresh dewy skin, a sprinkling of freckles and diffused blush and lip colour. Here are the go to products I used ;
- Embryolisse moisturiser
- Dr Lipp - condition lips
- Base using MAC cosmetics Face & Body
- MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Powder to set
- To brighten and conceal with Amber Eclat - Tom Ford Beauty
- Highlight using NARS cosmetics - Copacobana Highlighter
- Cheeks using Something Special cream Blush - MAC cosmetics, contour with MAC PRO sculpting powders.
- Eyes - Coffee Eye Pencil, Saddle Eyeshadow, Swiss Chocolate, Embark, Root Cream colour base. All MAC Cosmetics & Mekong eyeshadow by NARS Cosmetics to line the eyes.
- Eyebrows with Lingering eyebrow pencil MAC Cosmetics
- Lipstick - Pure Zen Lipstick MAC Cosmetics
- and a few Added freckles using a combination of eyebrow pencils, Fling & Lingering. MAC cosmetics.
Behind The Scenes
I hope you enjoyed the article and video,
Love & Lipstick,